To register, please visit our Webinar Registration Page.
How To Get Started
You can apply here for the software licence and installation if you have the following capabilities in place:
1. System compliance
- CPU: 1 x Dual-Core Xeon 5140 / 2.33 GHz (Minimum Core 2 Duo CPU)
- 2 CPU Cores must be available to the environment
- RAM: 4 GB (Minimum 2 GB available RAM)
- HDD: 400 GB (Minimum 40 GB available HDD)
- Microsoft .NET 3.5
- Software requirements:
- GPs: clinical software with pathology report receipt capability (PIT or HL7 format)
- Specialists/Allied Health: as above or otherwise just Microsoft Word(32-bit) for report typing
- Internet connectivity: dial-up or permanent connection with a speed of at least 28K
2. Software compatibility
Argus interfaces with the majority of popular clinical packages - click here for the current list. Please call our helpdesk on 03 9037 1000 or use our online form if you have any questions regarding your clinical software interfacing with Argus.
3. Dedicated email address
You will need to arrange with your ISP to set up a dedicated email address just for use with Argus. It must be different from your usual Practice or personal email address. You could name it something like <your_practice_name_argusreports@isp_domain_name> or if you have your own domain name <argusreports@your_domain_name> (examples only).
4. Apply for software licence and installation
The next step is to complete the online ‘request to install Argus’ form. You will be asked to complete a few check boxes to ensure you have everything in place, and to provide the following information:
- Your dedicated email address (and user name and password)
- Your Error Notification email address (normally the Practice Manager’s email address)
- If you don’t already have a PKI location certificate, you can request a special encryption key-pair from us
- The number of computers that will be used to send with Argus
- The names of your practitioners and provider numbers where appropriate
- Preferred day and time for our HelpDesk staff to assist you with the installation process (this should be during a quiet period when you would be able to provide your time)
If you don’t have all of this information, you will not be able to proceed.
Once you have submitted your request, you will receive a confirmation notification. If you have opted for our HelpDesk to remotely install the software for you, you will be asked to contact us to arrange a date and time for installation.
Depending on your configuration, installation usually takes approximately 1-2 hours, assuming no unforeseen problems are encountered.
If you have requested a PKI encryption key-pair, our HelpDesk will provide this for you.
If you have any questions regarding the above requirements, please call our HelpDesk on 03 9037 1000 or use our online form.